Thursday, March 22, 2012

Closure Component



Here is a video of my closure component which was students worked in groups to do  review problems getting ready for a test. I apologize for the limited view. It was the best I could do at the time.



  1. What strength(s) did you notice in the teaching and learning process?

I felt it was a constructive use of time because my supervising teacher and I were able to individually help students with problems.


  1. What evidence(s) of students' learning did you observe?  

Students were engaged almost the entire activity and there were plenty of questions being answered.

  1. To what degree were all learners engaged?

Every student worked on the review problems at least part of the available time.

  1. What evidences of addressing varied abilities did you observe?

I was able to address varied abilities because I could help each student individually.

  1. What was the your role in supporting learning?

My role in supporting learning was go go around and answer individual questions.

  1. Describe one challenge you observed.

One challenge was  some students needing much more help than others, so some of the students may not have received as much help as they needed. 
 
  1. Based on the above responses, how might you revise or tweak this instructional routine? 

I'm not sure I would change very much. Just to make sure more students are engaged I thought about making a number of problems due that day. I think it is important to have time in class to do homework, especially before a test.


No comments:

Post a Comment